Hard cover Book binding workshop using Coptic Stitching : Workshop with Born in Paper
Learn the beautiful and ancient art of Japanese Stab Book Binding
SATURDAY, October 29th, 2022
10 am to 1 pm
The Business Hive
Cost: $95 per person - All material and morning tea provided
Check out borninpaper.com.au for more information and book your place via the link below.
Join Susan from Byron Bay’s ‘Born In Paper’ to learn the beautiful art of Hard cover Book binding using Coptic Stitching.
This workshop is limited to only 8 participants and payment is via the Born In Paper website. Be quick to secure your spot. All materials are provided and a home-made morning tea is also included.
- Learn how to make a hardcover, using our Born In Papers to choose to make the hard cover. The internal papers will all be an art paper, easier to stitch. (I will be using quick set glue on covers)
- How to fold and use a bone folder, and how to use the Awl to make holes in the paper.
- What a signature is when it comes to books..
- Threading a bookbinding needle and joining threads along the way.
- Coptic stitch and running stitch in paper
- Susan will also throw in a small simple notebook project to stitch while the covers are being pressed. This is a 30 minute project, and it gives participants time to get the feel of using the awl, and stitching the paper
- Leave with a stunning piece of artwork that makes a beautiful gift or treasured keepsake.
Getting your Small Business Online
PART OF THE SMALL BUSINESS MONTH PROGRAM WITH KYOGLE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
Wednesday, NOVEMBER 2nd, 2022
6 pm to 7.45 pm
The Business Hive
FREE : Registration Essential
Your expert guide to getting your small business online. From easy online options to DIYing your own website or working with a pro.
There has never been a more important time to get your small business online!
This interactive workshop will guide you through the maze of options for your small business, including selling on platforms like Facebook and Etsy, harnessing the power of cooperative selling groups, and using free online marketing options to create a strong web presence for your local business.
Presented by Wild Honey Creative’s Jasmine Phillips, in conjunction with the Kyogle Chamber of Commerce and the NSW Small Business Month Program, this workshop will also give you an introduction to domains, hosting, and the pros and cons of popular website page builders. Thinking about DIY-ing your site, or unsure where to begin when working with a website designer or developer… pick an expert’s brain to help find the right solution for you.
If you don’t know your Wix from your WordPress, and are unsure how to create an online presence that helps you sell your products or services, this workshop will help you make decisions you have put off for too long.
This is a free workshop funded by the NSW Government as part of NSW Small Business Month and thanks to the Kyogle Chamber of Commerce.
Perfect for: All small businesses from product to service-based industries that want to improve their online presence, especially if you don’t yet have a website.
Want to Hire This Space?
Download our Venue Hire Pack for prices and details.